See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Heavy Diesel Fitters – Bowen Basin QLD
Heavy Diesel Fitters Plant Mechanical Maintenance Bowen Basin
SES Labour Solutions are currently seeking motivated Heavy Diesel Fitters with Plant, Mechanical Maintenance experience in the surface mining industry. They are proud to partner with some of the country’s leading organizations to deliver opportunities across a range of clients and sites in Queensland and Western Australia.
An excellent and immediate opportunity exists for Trade Qualified Heavy Diesel Fitters to join the client who is an industry Leader in providing mining companies with tailored field and plant maintenance solutions to support onsite production schedules. This is a long term opportunity, with potential works across a range of mine sites located in the Bowen Basin.
On a day to day basis, you will be required to:
- Ensure maintenance and repairs are performed in accordance with company guidelines and within cost targets
- Strong analytical skills with solution focused approach
- A strong commitment to safety
- Ability to work in a team environment
To be successful, you will ideally have:
- Trade Qualification, significant post trade experience
- Knowledge of CAT, Komatsu and Hitachi
- Standard 11 Induction Training
- Site Specific Induction
- RIIWHS204D Work Safely at Heights Qualification
- Elevated Work Platform License
- Forklift High Risk Work License
- RIIVEH201D Operate Light Vehicle
- RIISAM301A Move and Test
- Excellent communication skills
Will offer you:
- Highly competitive rates
- 7/7 alternating day / night roster.
- Long term opportunities with well-established and recognized client.
- Accom / Meals while on shift
- Part of a team where you’re no longer just a number
- A real person on the end of the phone when you call and will get back to you with answers.
They offer a team of people that are like minded and safety focused. If this rings true with you send resume at email@example.com first thing or respond through SEEK.
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
Would you like to apply for this job?
If you feel you meet the above requirements, are keen to take on a new and exciting opportunity, and work for an employer that is committed to supporting your career then APPLY NOW.
Click Apply for Heavy Diesel Fitters Plant Mechanical Maintenance Bowen Basin
About the Bowen Basin
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.