Heavy Diesel Fitters Mechanics Maintenance
Heavy Diesel Fitters Mechanics Maintenance Coal Mine Jobs QLD
They are currently seeking trade-qualified Diesel Fitters for immediate start with the ability to carry out all aspects of repairs and maintenance of heavy earthmoving equipment from Mackay.
Scope of the role
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the successful candidates will have the opportunity to work on a variety of earthmoving equipment and perform the following duties:
- Ongoing maintenance and service of Emeco equipment and machines
- Ensuring all maintenance and repairs are performed in accordance with company guidelines and within cost targets; and
- Working for Emeco customers to meet company objectives.
The ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- A strong commitment to safety, health and the environment, with a proactive approach to housekeeping
- Relevant nationally recognized trade qualification
- Minimum of 5 years post-trade experience with heavy earthmoving equipment
- Repair and rebuild experience on Caterpillar, Komatsu & Hitachi machinery
- Diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Current Driver’s license
- Applicants holding current qualifications in Working at Heights, Working in Confined Spaces, Coal Surface Induction or MDG25 will be highly regarded
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a solution focus
- Ability to work as part of a cohesive team
- A keen eye for detail, presentation and craftsmanship.
Successful candidates may also be required to complete inductions and will be required to be medically fit and able to pass a Drug and Alcohol testing and order 41 Coal Board Medical.
In return, they offer
- Opportunity to grow and develop through training and future career opportunities
Location: Mackay, QLD
Please Note: This is a residential role and you will need to live in or be planning to relocate to the Mackay, QLD
How to Apply
This is your opportunity to join a dynamic growing organization. Only applicants with the right to work in Australia will be considered for this position.
To apply for this role please complete the application form and submit a cover letter, current resume and any relevant certificates/ licenses.Apply for Heavy Diesel Fitters Mechanics Maintenance Coal Mine Jobs QLD
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.