Diesel Fitters – Dawson Mine Workshop
Site Experienced Heavy Diesel Fitters
At the Haynes Group they have had significant success in forming preferred supplier arrangements. Client is seeking to employ experienced trade qualified Heavy Diesel Fitters with CAT 797 knowledge for roles at Dawson Mine Site located 140 km southwest of Gladstone in the Bowen Basin.
Candidates with experience in the maintenance, servicing and rebuild repair of mobile heavy equipment are encouraged to apply.
To be successful in the role they will need:
- Be available to work a lifestyle roster minimum of 10 -12 hour shifts, overtime is available.
- Be available to work shifts of rotating days and nights
- Suitability qualified Heavy Diesel Fitters with minimum 2 years experience
- Demonstrated product knowledge on varied heavy mobile equipment on CATERPILLAR will be highly regarded with Dozers, Graders or Trucks
- Applicants with an excellent work ethic, a strong focus on safety along with a high degree of dependability, reliability and dedication to providing quality workmanship.
To be considered we will need:
- Minimum of 2 years post trade demonstrated experience working on CATERPILLAR equipment from 797F Trucks, D10 & D11
- Current Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training* and Coal Board Medical
- Resume and 2 contactable work referees
- Drivers License and Passport/Birth Certificate
- This a site based role and would suit applicants living in the Bowen Basin including Rockhampton and Gladstone districts
- WAH, Confined Space, EWP etc. are highly regarded
This role offers:
- Competitive hourly rates
- Weekly pays and superannuation
- Accommodation is provided
- Lifestyle Roster – (Days one block, Nights the next block)
* Please note, progressing candidates will be required to undergo a pre employment medical and drug and alcohol test before commencement on site.
The Haynes Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and encourages female and Indigenous Australian candidates to apply for roles for which they are suitably qualified.
If you believe you have the required skills and experience to take on this exciting opportunity then they strongly encourage you to apply.
If this sounds like you then apply now
When applying please be sure to include with your cv your Drivers license and all relevant certificates and High Risk tickets.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Heavy Diesel Fitters Maintenance Dawson Coal Mine Bowen Basin
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.