See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Heavy Diesel Fitters – HSE Mining Job
- 14 Permanent Diesel Fitter Positions
- 7/7 Rosters | South Walker Creek Mine
- Camp & Meals + Buses supplied
Stellar Recruitment have partnered with HSE Mining, a leading specialist provider of large-scale mining services to Australia’s major mining companies. HSE Mining conducts both the prestripping and coal mining for the South Walker Creek operation, and is focused on providing a safe and efficient work environment on site. The company is passionate about their people and believe they are the heart of their organization.
About the Role:
If successful for the position, you will be working in a team environment maintaining a fleet of heavy earthmoving machinery consisting of; large Hitachi excavators, Komatsu electric drive dump trucks, and Caterpillar ancillary. This role will require you to implement your diagnostic skills on an ongoing basis to ensure maximum efficiencies are met, and down time is minimized.
In reward for your commitment, you will receive the opportunity to work for a large mining organist and enjoy earning a strong mining salary and career prospects.
- Mobile plant maintenance and repairs – trucks, dozers, graders and loaders
- Large hydraulic excavator up-keep and repairs
- Fault finding and troubleshooting (reading and interpreting schematics)
- Adhere to all site safety protocols and SOP’s
- Maintain high levels of equipment availability
- Desire to achieve the HSE Mining goal of zero injuries
Skills & Experience:
- Diesel Fitting or Mechanical Trade
- Experience on heavy earthmoving equipment – CAT, Komatsu and Hitachi
- Extensive experience in open cut coal mining
- Current Coal Board Medical
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training or BMA Induction
- Be committed to HSE’s values – Integrity, Excellence, Humility, Endeavour, Continuity
- Beneficial tickets – WAH, Forklift, Dogging, EWP, Crane etc.
- Permanent Roles – Wear the HSE shirt with pride
- Annual leave and sick leave entitlements
- Buses supplied from Mackay airport
- Salary sacrifice option available for cost of flights connecting with bus services
- Camp accommodation and meals provided in Nebo
- Tool allowances & career progression
How to Apply:
Click APPLY or contact Hannah Webb for a confidential discussion.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingClick Apply for Heavy Diesel Fitters HSE Mining 7/7 Rosters Creek Mine
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much can a dump truck production operator earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$33.75 based on 24 salaries. You can see how this differs from the Indeed overview of $41.98.<.p>
A recently new Dump Truck Operator with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total pay of AU$30.65 based on 73 salaries. A mid-experienced Dump Truck Driver with 5-9 years of proven operational work, can earn about AU$27.73 based on 34 salaries. An experienced Dump Truck Driver with 10-19+ years of experience earns an average total compensation of AU$25.72 based on 14 salaries.
With so many different and conflicting reports, it's difficult to know what the pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin are of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get higher than average wages in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player