This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Heavy Diesel Fitters – Mining Bowen Basin Jobs
- Genuine Temp to Perm Opportunity
- 7/7 Even Time Roster
- BIBO Mackay or DIDO
- Flights Salary Sacrificed
- Camp Accommodation & Meals Provided
Their reputable client has won an initial 5 year production contract on a mine site in the Bowen Basin and is seeking experienced Heavy Diesel Fitters to support this project on a long term basis.
About the Role
In this role you will assist with effectively servicing, maintaining and repairing a site based fleet of mobile mining equipment. The fleet consists of primarily CAT earth moving equipment. Most recently a brand new Liebherr 9800 also arrived on site.
Skills and Experienced
To be considered for this role you will need the following skills and experience:
- Cert III in Engineering Mechanical – Diesel Fitter
- Minimum of 2 years surface mining experience is essential
- Preventative maintenance and breakdown repair exposure
- Ability to diagnose and repair faults using CAT systems
- Previous CAT OEM experience will be highly regarded yet not essential
- Ability to work within a team or autonomously
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role and have the above listed skills and capabilities, please apply via the Seek link.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Heavy Diesel Fitters CAT Mechanical Mining Equipment Bowen Basin
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list