See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Heavy Diesel Fitter – Mobile Plant Maintenance
Heavy Diesel Fitter Mobile Plant Maintenance Mining Jobs Rockhampton
- Temp to Perm opportunities
- Large Top Tier Mining Contractor
- $57/hr + Super – Ongoing Role
The client, a well-established mining contractor with a number of projects nationwide is searching for several experienced diesel fitters for 1 x of their key operations in the central Bowen Basin.
About the Role:
Within this role you will be required to have a competent understanding of mobile plant maintenance and a proven ability with fault finding and diagnostics. This position will require you to have developed interpersonal skills coupled with a track record in previous mining related maintenance roles
- Mechanical and electrical diagnostics on large mining equipment
- Component change outs both in field and in the workshop
- In field servicing and breakdown repairs
- General workshop duties
Skills & Experience:
- Trade qualified Diesel Fitter
- Current Coal Board Medical
- Standard 11 Induction Training
- Previous experience working on mobile plant equipment e.g. CAT haul trucks, dozers, graders, plus Liebherr equipment.
- Good preventative maintenance breakdown knowledge
- Must have post trade experience
- BIBO from Mackay or Rockhampton
- Camp and meals provided
- Long term on going contract with high potential for permanent rollover
- Attractive hourly rate | 7/7 roster
If the above role appeals to you APPLY today!
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Heavy Diesel Fitter Mobile Plant Maintenance Mining Jobs Rockhampton
About the Bowen Basin
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.