Heavy Diesel Fitter Maintenance – Callide
MacKellar Mining is an industry leader in the mining and civil earthmoving industries with over 50 years’ experience and a large fleet of heavy earthmoving equipment across Australia. They take pride in there people, their safety culture and maintaining there equipment to a high standard.
They are currently in a period of expansion and are looking for trade qualified Heavy Diesel Fitters to assist maintain there fleet performance at Callide, Boundary Hill location on a lifestyle (5/4/4/5) Roster. Accommodation, meals and transport to and from camp will be supplied in this role.
To be successful in this role you will:
- be involved with all areas of machine maintenance, including component replacement, component overhaul, general repairs, fault diagnosis, PM servicing, daily refueling and inspections
- be flexible with work hours, with the ability to work rotating day and night shifts
- ensure planned repairs are executed within time and cost estimates
- be self-motivated and able to work as directed
- identify opportunities for continuous improvement and work within teams to develop and implement solutions
- be committed to procedure based preventative maintenance
Applicants must have:
- a trade certificate with post trade experience (Heavy Duty Diesel Fitter / Plant Mechanics)
- mechanical experience on Caterpillar and Komatsu
- RII's [...Learn about RII's] for light vehicle
- Current coal board medical
- Current Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*
- a current valid QLD drivers license
- ability to pass a pre-employment medical and drug and alcohol screen
Applicants who possess the following in addition to the above will be highly regarded:
- HR drivers license
- Elevated work platform, working at heights, forklift tickets
- tyre handling competency (RII's [...Learn about RII's]SAM210D, RII's [...Learn about RII's]SAM211D)
- experience in the mining/civil industry
- high focus on safety
If you’re an experienced diesel fitter with an excellent work ethic, attitude and safety conscious approach, then they want to talk to you.
To apply, please send your resume outlining your skills and machinery experience, work history and list of qualifications.
Due to the volume of interest received in the roles, applications will only be accepted through the SEEK website.
Only those with the relevant experience and qualifications will be considered. To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian work visa.
Would you like to apply?
To be considered for this role, please click the ‘Apply Now’ link to submit your application. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Experienced Heavy Diesel Fitter Maintenance Callide Mining QLD