This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure that this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
HD Fitter Jobs Mackay & Coalfields
- Permanent Positions
- 7/7 Roster – Buses from Mackay
- Salary Sacrificed Flights + 6 weeks Annual Leave
About the Role :
If successful for this position you will be working in a field service position maintaining and repairing a wide range of excavators and large earthmoving equipment utilising your diagnostic skills. This role will see you implementing your skills to ensure maximum efficiencies are met and down time minimised. This position provides the opportunity to work for a large mining organisation and enjoy earning a strong mining salary and career prospects.
- Mobile plant maintenance and repairs – trucks, dozers, graders and loaders
- Excavator maintenance repairs.
- Adhere to all site safety protocols and SOP’s
- Maintain high levels of equipment availability
- Promote an enjoyable, safe and productive work environment
Skills & Experience :
- Diesel Fitting or Mechanical Trade
- Minimum 3 years experience on heavy earthmoving equipment – CAT, Komatsu and Hitachi
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Current Coal Board Medical
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training
- Beneficial tickets – WAH, Forklift, Dogging, EWP, Crane etc.
- Permanent Role
- Annual leave and sick leave
- Camp and Meals Supplied
- Buses supplied from Mackay airport
- $40/week tool allowance
- Salary sacrificed flights
About the Company :
Stellar Recruitment is partnered with a leading specialist mining company that have a number of contracts across the Queensland Bowen Basin. They are currently seeking Diesel Fitters with strong experience on excavators to work permanently on a large mine site very close to Mackay for an on-going long term period.
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list
Komatsu 830E Haul Truck
The Komatsu 830E is an ultra class dump truck used in Australian open pit mining operations an is designed and built in Peoria, Illinois by Komatsu America Corporation (parent company is the Japanese held company Komatsu Ltd.
The Komatsu 830E is a beast, with 231,000 kilogram capacity (255 short tons). Although this is a big truck, the 830E's load capacity is about 66% the capacity of the Liebherr T 282C and Caterpillar 797B.This is an electric truck and is being featured in many new mining operations as well established mines in WA and QLD.
The electric drive system is very different fromt the transmission/differential drive of traditional trucks. The diesel engine is connected to a GE traction alternator with high voltage cables transfering electricity to the two wheel motors at the rear of the truck.
Read more about the KOMATSU 830E mining dump truck on the Komatsu website