See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Haul Truck & Multi Skilled Operators – Northern Bowen Basin
Haul Truck Multi Skilled Operators Coal Mining Bowen Basin
Global Product Search (GPS) is an established company that specializes in the supply of labour resources, recruitment services, mining supplies, tooling hire and simulator training to various markets throughout Australia.
We currently require multiple HAUL TRUCK and MULTI SKILLED operators for ongoing roles in both the Collinsville and Glenden regions.
- CAT 785 and above considered
- Multi Skilled – Truck +1 skill considered
Applicants will need or be willing to obtain the following to be considered:
- Coal Board Medical
- Standard 11 Induction Training
- Birth Certificate or Passport
- Current Drivers License
- Relevant Machinery Evidence (SSE Signed Preferred)
- Enjoy a even time 7/7 roster
- Camp and meals provided
- Weekly pays – Option to annualized (same pay every week)
- Super paid on all normal rostered hours
- Salary sacrifice options on super, flights, novated leasing, remote rent/mortgage
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
Only applicants with suitable experience will be contacted.
Global Product Search is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander, Female and culturally diverse candidates to apply.
Join the Global Family Today!Apply for Haul Truck Multi Skilled Operators Coal Mining Bowen Basin
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list
Caterpillar Haul truck 785
The Caterpillar 785 Haul Truck, Dump Truck or off-road truck as they are called in the U.S. are still used across the world in open-cut mining operations. This huge truck has proven it’s worth for many years and has often been the entry-level truck for new operators.
Progressing when competent, operators move up to the larger CAT 793 and CAT 797 truck, giving them the confidence and ability to handle larger load capacities on a range of challenging mine sites.
One of the biggest advantages you can get if you are looking to learn how to drive these big machines is to get to know the finer details.