Grinder / Excavator Mobile Plant Operator
The ARG Group is the largest privately owned organic processor in Australia with a large number of contracts across Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria. The diversified nature of the capital intensive organization spans arborist, green waste processing and land clearing activities.
This position is responsible for operating both timber grinding mobile plant and an excavator. This includes the daily maintenance of the equipment and highlighting any issues through a pre-start checklist.
The successful applicant will be required to work away from home for extended periods of time.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Safely and properly operate an excavator and grinder in unison.
- Perform daily pre-start checks and keep the equipment in good operational repair.
- Safely and properly perform maintenance (lubricating, fueling and cleaning) on excavator, loader, and grinder.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve situations and issues as they arise (equipment operation / repair, etc.).
- Monitor and discuss production issues with manager.
- Accurately complete grinding reports and other documentation as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Able to navigate and complete requests via on-line Apps on a smart phone
- Strong coordination experience to initiate and follow up on activities.
- Ability to be both concise and detail-oriented.
The ARG Group is a rapidly changing, growing and developing organization, so the ideal applicant needs to be both dynamic in their approach to the role.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- 5 years + hands-on experience as an excavator operator with grinding/ crushing experience preferred.
- Mechanically minded and be able to intuitively rectify issues as they arise.
- A strong work ethic and a deep commitment to meeting targets.
- Proven experience handling multiple projects and priorities while maintaining tight deadlines; highly organized with attention to detail.
- The ability to deliver within demanding time frames.
- Proven problem solving and planning abilities.
- A Strong safety culture.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- To be a highly motivated individual, driven for success and enjoy the challenge of continuously improving a rapidly growing organization.
Competencies / qualifications
- Relevant operator’s license – valid excavator ticket.
- Current Drivers License (manual preferred)
- White Card (mandatory) CPCCWHS1001 – Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
- Police background check
- Current First Aid Certificate (desirable)
- Fit and healthy
- Good communication skills
- Positive attitude
ARG Trees is a Quality Assured business and holds a strict drug free policy, applicants will be required to pass fitness and drug screen prior to successful appointment.
Would you like to apply?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Grinder/Excavator Mobile Plant Mining Operator Queensland
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.