As the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) and one of the world’s leading gold mining companies, Newcrest Mining have set high near, medium and long-term performance targets to ensure this continued success.
Future looks bright for Gold Mining
With Newcrest reporting a $210 million increase on their underlying profit from the previous period predominately due to an increase in copper and gold mining sales volumes, the future is certainly looking bright for mining in Australia.
A profit this large could be due to the following:
- There was a 15% rise in gold prices, which mean gold revenue was 16 per cent higher than the previous period, reaching $1552 million
- Cadia was able to increase gold production by 31 per cent, which helped increase the sales volume
- The copper sales volume at the Cadia and Telfer operations saw the companies copper revenue ruse by 22%
Current Operational Mines
- Cadia Valley Operations (near Orange, New South Wales)
- Telfer (Pilbara Region, Western Australia)
- Gosowong (Halmahera Island, Indonesia)
- Lihir (New Ireland Province, PNG)
- Bonikro (CÃ´te d`Ivoire, West Africa)
How to get a job with Newcrest Mining
Working with Newcrest will give you a rare opportunity to grow and challenge your skills with Australia’s largest gold producer. Newcrest is constantly recruiting via their careers platform across all of their mining operations and head offices. You can either apply for a job straight away or submit your profile online.
If you`re looking for gold mining jobs ““ here is a great place to start
Remember training and qualifications can take you so far, if you wish to learn more about how you can give yourself a winning edge and land a gold mining job we suggest you firstly learn how to market yourself well on paper ““ it truly makes you stand out from the crowd.
For more information on how to land a mining job, or to find out what qualifications are needed, call a mining consultant on (07) 5520 2522.