Completing this Generic Induction course and adding it to your resume will improve your chances of getting a mining job interview. Every person involved in finding staff for a mine, be it a mining company, a recruiter or a mining contracting company will be looking for this accreditation. The reason being that safety is of paramount importance to a mining company. The Generic Induction qualification shows them that you have the core safety skills to be able to work alongside their existing employees in a safe manner and you comply with the OHS policies and procedures.
Held at Burleigh Heads on the Gold Coast, this Generic Induction training course is 3 days in duration, with 8.30 to 4.30 the hours of attendance.
Standard 11 Gold Coast ““ Surface Operation Course Subjects:
- RIIRIS201B Conduct Local Risk Control
Hazard ID, control and risk assessment and in a mining environment
- RIIERR302A Respond to Local Emergencies
Prepare and respond to emergencies in a mine environment
- RIIGOV201A Comply with Site Work Processes / Procedures
Access and apply site safety procedures, apply personal safety measures, maintain personal well-being, and complete relevant reports and forms
- RIIOHS201A Work Safety and Follow OHS Policies and Procedures
- RIIERR205A Apply Initial Response First Aid
Assess the situation, apply basic first aid and complete incident reports
- RIICOM201A Communicate in the Workplace
Identify, access and use work site communication systems and equipment, carry out work related communication, and complete written documentation
- Post-Training Job Support, including an online jobs board, introductions to mining employers and job search.
- Complimentary access to Industry Pathways student services website giving you access to highly researched materials that will help you find and apply for mining jobs
- Hints on how to create a mining focused resume to really help you get your foot in the door with mining companies.
- Mining interview tips .
- Discount card for 5% off all mining training courses with Industry Pathways.
- Discount card for 10% off all mining resume services with Industry Pathways.
- Access to complete lists of mining companies and an interactive map that highlights over 600 mines including contact details, what they do and addresses.
- Mining job notifications. Each week you`ll receive emails about where the mining jobs are, from entry-level mining jobs with no experience through to trades, construction, processing and mine-site management.
The “Mine-Ready Kit”ť is literally worth hundreds of dollars and will save you a considerable amount of time when you`re looking for ideas and tips on how to get that dream job in the mines ““ and is available FREE to all students who complete the Generic Induction course in Brisbane.
All necessary information will be supplied when you click the link below and upon registration for the Generic Induciton.
Generic Induction Gold Coast 14 Dec
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the worldâ€™s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queenslandâ€™s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStarâ„˘
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.