If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Excavator Operator/General Hand
General Hand Civil Plant Excavator Operator Perth WA
The City of Swan is the largest local government area in Perth, covering 1,044 square kilometers of new subdivisions, established residential areas, historical precincts, industrial estates and rural valleys and hills. This is an ideal local opportunity for a multi-skilled person to join Engineering Maintenance team.
The role presents an interesting variety of work, mainly in drainage maintenance, however there will be opportunities to assist in other general maintenance as required by the work schedule or in response to work requests and emergency situations.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Demonstrated experience and skill in drainage clearing operations (open and rural drains) including working with underground services
- A preferred minimum of two years’ experience operating an excavator, trucks and other plant in a civil engineering environment (or equivalent competency)
- To be adaptable, pro-active and have good communication skills
- Proven ability to participate in and contribute to training and safety initiatives
- Additional skills and flexible attitude towards paving, asphalting, installing bollards and other general maintenance
- HR Class License, Current Police Certificate, White Card (DG ticket beneficial)
The salary for this position is $59,683 for a nine day fortnight plus up to 16.25% superannuation.
Additional benefits include daily allowance to cycle to work, free participation in our Wellness Program, exclusive City of Swan leisure center discounts, and an active social club.
To discuss this position in more detail please contact Jamie Eaton on 0417 907 538 during the hours of 6.30am to 3.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
please submit your resume and a brief cover letter addressing the criteria listed above at https://careers.swan.wa.gov.au/
How To apply
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team please Apply online now with an up to date CV.
Click Apply for Excavator Operator/General Hand