Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Front line Leadership, Technical & Administration Expressions of Interest
Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. They offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. The life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimizing the mining value chain for each client.
They continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so the clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. The people are central to their success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. The culture is built on their Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything they do.
Thiess has upcoming roles at multiple open cut mining projects within Queensland’s Bowen Basin.
About the Roles
- Mining Supervisor
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Maintenance Planner
- Maintenance Administrator
- Maintenance Administrator / Store Person
- Store Person
- Safety Advisor
- Safety Advisor / Training Coordinator
- Training Coordinator
- HSET Administrator
- Finance & Admin Administrator
To be successful in a role with Thiess you are required to have:
- Qualifications relevant to position
- Extensive experience in open cut coal mining
- A commitment to a positive safety culture
- Be committed to our principals of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation & Delivery
How to Apply
To express your interest in these roles, follow the below link.
In reward for your commitment you will receive a competitive remuneration, career advancement opportunities and the benefit of working with like-minded professionals.
Please Note: This is an Expression of interest only
If you are searching for a genuine career opportunity, please submit your application via the SEEK “APPLY” button.
Click Apply for ront line Leadership Technical & Administration Position
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the worldâ€™s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queenslandâ€™s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list