Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Front End Loader Dump Truck Operator
Front End Loader Dump Truck Operator Quarry Harlaxton QLD
Quarry Products Pty Ltd is a private, family owned company established in 1972, serving the construction industry, local councils and government departments for over 40 years with premium crushed aggregates and road-bases throughout the Toowoomba and Darling Downs Regions.
Quarry Products requires the services of an experienced person to operate heavy earthmoving machinery ,front end loader and off highway dump truck at our Harlaxton site in Toowoomba. The successful candidate must have current operator’s tickets and experience in the fields outlined.
Further requirements for the position are:
- Sound knowledge of operating heavy earth moving machinery
- Current drivers license
- Own transport
- Fit and healthy
- Experience in the following would be advantageous: – crushing screening and mobile plant maintenance.
- Applicants must be able to work Monday to Friday 7.00am to 4.30pm and Saturday 7.00am to 11.00am
Duties include (but are not limited to) loading road trucks, maintaining stockpiles, mixing products and loading/operating quarry haul trucks.
The position is an important role and the successful applicant must possess excellent safety, work ethics and communication skills and is keen to secure a permanent long-term position within the company. The position reports directly to the Quarry Supervisor.
How to apply
Please note only short listed applicants will be contacted for an interview.
To be considered for this role, please submit your CV and a brief covering letter via SEEK no later than 25th November 2017.
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about salaries, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player