Fortescue Metals Group have started new exploration to further develop its WA iron ore assets.
Hughes Drilling was awarded the new contract at the Fortescue iron ore Solomon Hub in the Pilbara.
It’s thought Hughes Drilling will complete the project via its subsidiary company JSW Australia [www.jswaustralia.com/] which the company purchased in 2013.
“three year contract with Fortescue”
Hughes has been having a good run with Fortescue as this latest contract is one in a long line of contracts awarded to the diversified drilling company. Other contracts include a three year contract with Fortescue at its Christmas Creek mine, also in the Western Australian Pilbara region.
Fortescue WA mining operations
Fortescue operates 2 mines in the Pilbara in 2 separate locations, or hubs as Fortescue calls them. The Solomon and Chichester Hubs each contain 2 highly productive iron ore mining and processing operations.
Within the Chichester Hub are the Cloudbreak and Christmas Creek mine, whereas the Solomon Hub is home to Firetail and the new Kings Valley mine.
This new grade control contract with Fortescue, which will a joint venture with Hughes Aboriginal partners Eastern Guruma, will operate three drills.
There are also plans in place to develop a further 2 more drills with 24 hour shifts planned to expedite the drilling process and deliver results in record time.
What is grade control drilling?
Grade control drilling is a mining process to check the quality and control the grade and variability of iron ore. The reason grade control is carried out is to allow mining companies to fully understand and document any differences in their sampling and their on-site ore reserve.
Grade control drilling is the last step for mine geologists in defining where exactly the ore bodies are located and to document the expected grade/tonnage of the inferred resource.
$25 million contract
The value of the Fortescue Metals Group contract awarded to Hughes has not been publicly announced, however the combined contracts are estimated to bring in about $25 million in revenue for this year.
Drilling jobs with Hughes Drilling
One of the benefits of following the mining news in Australia is it offers job-seekers new insights into exactly where the jobs will be in the future. Many people wait until mining jobs in WA are advertised on the many mining jobs boards and submit their application with hundreds if not thousands of other job hopefuls.
“find out exactly where the drilling jobs are”
This ‘old method’ of job application is rapidly becoming a source of frustration for many people as more often than not, they never receive a reply. Mining companies and recruiters won’t respond to 95% of the respondents because their resumes are not targeted to the job being advertised – that’s the first hurdle.
One of the most effective and simple ways to increase the likelihood of a response to a job application is to research the company who have placed the job ad.
The Hughes Drilling announcement reveals some insightful information for job seekers if they choose to take the time to discover it. Everything can be accomplished on-line.
“research -the secret to job application success”
Anyone can rapidly learn about a mining company or mining contractor in a matter of minutes – and this is the secret to job application success.
Quick facts about Hughes Drilling
- Hughes Drilling [www.hughesdrilling.com.au] are a publicly listed company and are featured on the Australian Stock Exchange (HDX). This is an invaluable source of information for job seekers as the entire activities of this company are there to be scrutinised. There is a lot to be gained from studying this information.
- Hughes Drilling are based in Yatala, Queensland
- Read about the official ASX Hughes Drilling/Fortescue Metals Group drilling contract
- Discover more information about the financial stability and core activities of Hughes Drilling
- Their subsidiary company is JSW Australia [www.jswaustralia.com]
- Other companies and industry partners they are involved with are Reich Drill [www.reichdrill.com] and Express Hydraulics Australia [www.expresshydraulicsaustralia.com.au], who are the official distributors for Reich Drill maintenance and service division of Hughes Drilling.
- Hughes and its subsidiary companies are always looking to hear from suitably qualified machinists, fitters or boilermakers who would like to join them.
- Find examples of Hughes Drilling jobs on SEEK. Drillers wanted Bowen Basin [www.seek.com.au/job/26490246].
Don’t miss out on Australian mining news – get iMINCO Project News every week. We show you where the jobs are, who to target and how to do it.
Get your copy today – there’s nothing to pay.
Mining Information - Helping ordinary Australians discover how to get the right mining training and career
The links below are related, you may find them helpful in your mining research on : 'Fortescue Metals Group – QLD drilling company wins $25 mil contract'.