You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
This job asks for motivated people. How do you motivate yourself?
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Float Crew Electricians Bowen Basin
Float Crew Electricians Bowen Basin Mines QLD
UGL provides end-to-end outsourced engineering, construction, asset management and maintenance services with a diversified end-market exposure across the core sectors of Rail, Transport & Technology systems, Engineering and Construction and Asset Services.
Seeking applications from highly motivated, skilled and safety focused individuals to work within Float Crew in QLD’s Bowen Basin mines.
To be successful in obtaining a position, you must provide evidence of the following:
- Relevant Qualifications (Trade Cert / Electrical Licence)
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training/BMA (SOA) – essential
- Current Coal Board Medical (Section 4) – essential
- Current Working at Heights & Confined Space (SOA) – essential
- Demonstrated mine site or heavy industry experience
These positions may suit Electricians that are happy work at various sites for shorter periods of time due to their other commitments.
How to apply
To register your interest with UGL for these roles apply via the icon below or email your application (resume, birth certificate/passport, tickets & qualifications) to
firstname.lastname@example.org your chosen discipline and “Float Crew – Electricians”.Apply for Float Crew Electricians Bowen Basin Mines QLD
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list