Fixed Plant Operator Maintainers
Fixed Plant Operator Maintainers Andoom East Weipa
Fixed Plant Operator Maintainers – Weipa, Andoom and Amrun
- Seek new goals in 2018 and live in a fresh vibrant community whilst working at expanding operation.
- Join the latest bauxite development – Amrun and look forward to a different style of working.
- Opportunities are also available across existing operation at Andoom and East Weipa.
- They are building a pioneering workforce to join in the next venture.
Are you ready to be a part of our new pioneering bauxite operations?
Building a bigger workforce at the Weipa operations to support the latest bauxite development – Amrun. The new mine is an extension of existing operations, and is located south of the Embley River, between Weipa and Aurukun. With new development, comes new opportunities and they looking for people who want to pioneer progress and be part of this exciting development.
Discover more about Amrun, Andoom and the Weipa operations
Proudly supported the continuation of Weipa operations for 50 years and our legacy has helped build a vibrant and thriving coastal community. They have numerous opportunities across the Weipa operations portfolio, including their existing mines at Andoom and East Weipa, and the new mine at Amrun. At Amrun, you can experience a hybrid lifestyle enjoying the new camp and facilities during shift and relaxing with friends and family in Weipa on your days off. You can also look forward to a 4,5,5 straight shift roster and individual lifestyle camp rooms with private ensuite facilities, TV with Foxtel, WiFi, pool, gym, cinema rooms, BBQ areas, tennis courts and much more.
Opportunities at Andoom and East Weipa will allow you to return home after every shift. You will enjoy the 4,5,5 hybrid roster which combines straight shifts with rotations so that you get the best of both worlds in a residential environment.
With first shipment at Amrun scheduled for early 2019, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of something different where you can look forward to a new style of working, new challenges, in a new environment.
About the role
They are looking for motivated Operator Maintainers to operate, inspect and maintain a variety of fixed plant equipment.
What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity for someone who has a trade background, strong work ethic and a ‘can do’ attitude along with good fixed plant and ship loading experience. Reporting to the Crew Leader, you will be:
- Carrying out maintenance work as required through breakdown or planned maintenance shut down requirements.
- Carrying out mineral processing including, wash plant, piping and pumping of slurries as well as conveyors and train load-out facilities in a heavy industry production environment.
- Working in hot and wet challenging environmental conditions including operating at heights and in confined spaces.
- Working without direct supervision whilst being self-motivated.
- Demonstrating a strong commitment to safety in order to achieve a workplace target of zero injuries and incidents.
To be considered, you will have:
- A strong mechanical or electrical aptitude and Trade Certificate as Boilermaker, Fitter & Turner or Electrician
- Preferred Trade experience with fixed plant application
- A current manual “C” class driver’s license
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and team skills
- Exposure to basic computer skills
- Experience in an ore processing facility will be highly regarded. Certification and experience operating bobcat and front end loader will be desirable.
As pioneers in mining and metals, they also produce materials essential to human progress.
There long history is filled with firsts. They’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and the people work in around 35 countries across six continents. They led the industry in partnerships, with customers in new markets, and with local communities.
Pioneered technological innovations, such as Mine of the Future™ programmed and low-CO2 aluminum from hydro power. And paved the way in areas such as safety, tax transparency and legacy management.
Inclusion & Diversity
They are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, the people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when they are accepted and valued for differences, not judged by them.They all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
How to APPLY
If you’re interested in launching your career, apply today for an exciting tomorrow.
Apply for Fixed Plant Operator Maintainers Andoom East Weipa
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.