Fixed Plant Mechanical Technician Western Australia
About the role
Your duties will include:
- Demonstrate an overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development
- Ensure compliance to the 1SAP process for work execution and capture related transnational data into the 1SAP system
- Execute work orders as per schedule and relevant work instructions associated with the work orders
- Provide input into root cause analysis and subsequent resolution of issues affecting equipment reliability
- Initiate updates to work procedures to ensure they are accurate and relevant to equipment as per the 1SAP process
- Ensure adequate scoping of corrective work to facilitate the planning process
- Ensure returns of unused or reparable materials are processed accurately
- Validate quality of work performed by 3rd parties and the related service entry sheets
- Review and request updates to Work Management and other Master Data as required (e.g. Task List and Work Instructions)
- Participate within the Fixed Plant Maintenance Department to implement business plans consistent with site strategies/ plans
- Execute the fixed Plant Maintenance work plan and elevate unplanned and non-routine activity or performance to the Supervisor Mechanical
- Assist the Supervisor Conveyors Services to assess and manage breakdown activities utilizing BHP policies and procedures
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Trade/certificate in Mechanical Fitting
- Valid Australian C class drivers license
- HIAB, EWP, Forklift, Dogging and Rigging Certificates (Desirable)
- A proven track record of safety management
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic computer Literacy
Location With this role, you will be fly in fly out from Perth to Mining Area C on a 2 weeks on, 4 weeks off job share roster. Area C mine is located approximately 100kms north west of Newman, West Australia. The outstanding facilities at the FIFO village include; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, netted cricket pitch, tennis court, basketball court and recreation room including a pool table, darts, table tennis, TV and DVD player. All rooms at the village have their own ensuite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP, they recognize that they are strengthened by diversity. They are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. They are an Equal Opportunity employer and encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. They know there are many aspects of employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so they offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life.
These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
Reference No – 49017
- They reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia
- BHP Billiton Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply
Would you like to apply?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11Apply for Fixed Plant Mechanical Fitting Mining Technician WA