If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Fixed Plant Maintenance Superintendent
Fixed Plant Maintenance Superintendent Tanami Australia
Newmont Mining Corporation is one of the world’s largest gold producers with assets on five continents including five operations in Western Australia, the Northern Territory, and Queensland. Founded in 1921 Newmont is the only gold company included in the S&P 500 Index and Fortune 500 and was the first gold company selected to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index.
The Tanami Operations, 540km north-west of Alice Springs, are on Aboriginal freehold land, in the NT’s remote Tanami Desert. A fully equipped 1000-bed village, 40km from the mine, offers modern leisure facilities to the workforce who FIFO direct from Perth, Darwin and Alice Springs.
Fixed Plant Maintenance Superintendent working an 8:6 FIFO roster, you will be accountable for the fixed plant maintenance programmed at Newmont Tanami Operations (NTO). You will also coordinate and facilitate the planning, engineering, administration and execution of all sustainment capital projects to ensure the cost effective and timely commissioning of all projects at NTO. You will be responsible for ensuring that all such work is conducted in a safe and environmentally acceptable manner, whilst minimizing the impact on production and ensuring compliance with NTO standards and statutory obligations. You will also act on behalf on the Maintenance and Projects Manager as required.
- Liaise with consultants and specialists to ensure relevant technology is employed.
- Continually revise and improve plant maintenance strategies to ensure optimum equipment performance and cost.
- Accountable for strategic development, monitoring, and achievement of work plans and goals for the work unit.
- Accountable for the preparation, compliance and overview of budget, scheduling and allocation of staff and resources to deliver to plan
- Implement and maintain life cycle management for fixed assets using superior Asset Management skills
- Facilitate the review, prioritization, subsequent selection and arrange coordinate studies for capital projects.
- Generate Approval for Expenditure and Business Case documentation for submission to the regional/Global office.
- Oversee the completion of project specific risk assessments and Job Hazard Analyses in consultation with HSLP and relevant operations personnel.
- Managing, coaching and mentoring team of maintenance planners and providing advice to Maintenance Execution Superintendents
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Tertiary Qualification – with an Engineering Degree highly desirable
- Minimum 5-10 year experience in Plant maintenance and Project Management and Supervision
- Demonstrated budget preparation and control
- Experience in SAP is highly regarded.
- Demonstrated ability to improve correlation between design, schedules, and schedule control processes..
What you will gain
There employees enjoy a generous salary package including private health insurance and an annual performance based incentive. Not only will you work in a dynamic and collaborative environment but you will also benefit from the opportunities that only a global company can offer.
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer that operates globally to a common set of safety, environmental and community relation standards that define expected performance for operating sites. Maintaining high standards for all of Newmont’s operations and measuring there performance against those global standards is an integral part of their current business practice and long term goals. Newmont is a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential.
Newmont encourages workplace diversity. Women and applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. As part of there commitment to the Traditional Owners they also welcome applications from the Gnaala Karla Booja Native Title Group and other candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent. Newmont acknowledges Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respects their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.
Would you like to Apply?
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where they challenge you to drive positive change.
Apply for Fixed Plant Maintenance Superintendent Tanami Australia