If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Mackay & Coalfields, Queensland location.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Fitter Mining Jobs Mackay
G&S Engineering are searching to recruit Fitters for work in the Mackay & Coalfields region.
- 6-month permanent contract
- Competitive hourly pay rates
- Strong client relationships and established footprint in the mining industry
- Future progression and development, and opportunities for work in the wider G&S business including site service and projects
The individual they are searching for will have the right attitude for the role and must be willing to go the extra mile to impress. To be successful in this role, you must have experience on Underground development equipment, including/either Longwall, Roof Supports Gearboxes, Shuttle Cars, Underground Miners and Feeder Breakers.
As the ideal candidate you will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Strong safety standards
- Experience working on Underground Development & Longwall gear
- Hydraulic Experience advantageous
- Gearbox overhaul experience will be favourably acknowledged
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport
- The ability to work well within a team environment
- Must be able to pass D&A Screening and medicals where required
- Ability to work unsupervised
You will also have the following competencies:
- Trade qualified Fitter or Fitter/Machinist
- Current CBM – section 4 (if applicable)
- Current C class Driver’s License
About the Company:
From electrical and mechanical component overhauls for surface and underground equipment through to billion-dollar mine and port construction projects, G&S Engineering offer comprehensive services that encompass the entire project lifecycle from construction, through maintenance and optimisation to final decommissioning and deconstruction. Their capabilities include all structural, mechanical, piping, electrical and instrumentation, manufacturing and fabrication, and engineering disciplines.G&S prides itself in providing a service which enhances the value and performance of their client’s assets.