You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure that this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Fitter Jobs Bowen Basin** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.
These roles offer:
- Ongoing work – Immediate Start
- Fixed Term Contracts with Paid Leave
- Subsidized Flights Brisbane/Moranbah
- On-Site Management Team
- On-Site Laundry Service
- 7/7 Roster – Camp provided
- Exceptional Rates + Super paid on all rostered hours.
To be successful for *Fitter Jobs Bowen Basin, you must have:
- Production, Breakdown, Planned Maintenance and Statutory Inspections on –
- Joy Continuous Miners (12CM12’s & 12CM30’s)
- Shuttle Cars
- Belt Maintenance
The qualifications/certifications required include :
- Australian Trade Certification
- Post Trade Qualification Diesel Engine System (DES)
- Current Underground Standard 11 Induction Training Statement of Attainment
- Underground Coal Competencies
- Driver’s License
About OneKey :
One Key Resources, part of the Fircroft Group, is a specialist provider of Managed Workforce and Labour Hire solutions to the Mining, Oil & Gas and Infrastructure Industries. An employer of choice, One Key Resources employs Open Cut and Underground Operators, Tradespeople and Support Staff at close to 100 locations across Australia.
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list