If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mobile Plant Operators – Mining
Diggers, loaders, dump truck, skid steer, crane
- 2/2 Roster
- Long Term Opportunities
- Earn a good wage $$$
SMP Engineering Structural, Mechanical, Piping and Engineering specialists who can be relied on to deliver jobs safely, within budget and to a high quality standard. Employees are all skilled professionals in their relevant discipline with a focus on searching after their mates and achieving zero harm.
Currently seeking expressions of interest from experienced Mobile Plant Operators to undertake works in the mining sector. These FIFO opportunities will suit those experienced in the below mobile plant. You must be flexible and willing to work within a team environment ensuring everyone gets home safely.
Candidates must have experience in the following;
- Digger Operation (PC850) (Komatsu information on PC850)
- Wheel Loader Operation (Komatsu information on their website for WA500, WA600 wheeled loader)
Download the PDF to learn more about this WA6000
- Dump Truck Operation (Komatsu HM400 Moxy, 50T Rigid )
- Skid Steer Operation (Case w/ multiple shift patterns)
- Crane Operation (15T Franna)
- Telehandler Operation
Require the following attributes, experience and qualifications;
- A demonstrated commitment to occupational health & safety in the workplace
- Minimum 3 years’ experience on the above equipment (VOC’s highly desirable)
- Have the right to work in Australia
All successful candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment medical including a Drug & Alcohol screen.
This job for Mobile Plant Operators Engineering Specialists will receive a lot of applications. Make yourself stand out from the crowd and create your resume with the keywords contained in this ad.
SMP Engineering are well-respected in the resource sector. Increase your knowledge of this company – go to their website www.SMP Engineering and learn as much as you can before applying for this job.
NOTE: When you apply for this job, take a look at your current resume and cover letter. Always match the first page of your resume to details of the job (mention what SMP Engineering does to sow them you truly understand their business). Search the job ad for keywords and add them into your resume because if you don’t, your application may be scanned and rejected before it even gets read by a human.
Sample keywords would be: Dump Truck Operation, WA500, WA600, Komatsu machinery PC850 etc etc
Apply for this job below?Click for more details and Apply for Mobile Plant Operators Job
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about salaries, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player