See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Field Service Heavy Duty Plant Mechanic Job
The BTP Group is a subsidiary of Ausdrill Ltd, and is one of Australia’s leading suppliers of machinery parts and equipment to the mining and earthmoving industries, nationwide.
BTP in Hazelmere (approx. 25 min Northeast of Perth CBD) is seeking a qualified and experienced HD Plant Mechanic to provide field service repairs, maintenance and servicing to a wide range of predominantly heavy CAT equipment.
Applicants must be based in the Perth area as this role is based in Hazelmere but will be required to cover Field Service requirements up into the Pilbara region potneitally covering 2/1 rosters.
Using one of their services vehicles on-site, you will be providing maintenance, break-down and servicing assistance to various sites throughout the Perth region on beyond into the Pilbara
Applicants will need to be self-motivated, adaptable and able to work as part of a team or solo.
Duties to be carried out include:
- Working in the local Hazlemere workshop, provide field service cover for breakdowns, maintenance, servicing both locally Pilbara region potentially workign 2/1 roster if required
- Repair and maintain a range of mining equipment predominately CAT but also including Hitachi and Komatsu equipment
- Repair and maintain a range of road trucks including Volvo, Mack &Y Isuzu
- Complete detailed on-hire & off-hire machine condition reports
- Complete parts requisitions for part required to carry-out repairs and maintenance
- Follow all BTP procedures, policies and work instructions, adhere to on-site policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Relevant HD/Plant Trade Certificate for the position – (Please note a Cert III is not a Trade Certificate)
- Ideally min 3yrs in a similar position
- Recent mine site experience in a similar position
- Previous experience of working on CAT equipment in a field position essential
- Proficient experience in the use of CAT SIS & ET
- Experience of working on Komatsu, Hitachi, Volvo, Mack, Man and Isuzu equipment and trucks preferred but not essential
- Valid HR Drivers License, LF & DG Licenses ESSENTIAL
- EWP & Working @ Heights preferred
- Good written and oral communication
- Knowledge and application of OHS in the workplace
- Ability to work as part of a team or solo in the field
Remuneration and rewards:
- Competitive rate of pay including field service and site allowances
- The ability to potentially advance your career opportunities within the Ausdrill Group.
- Super paid on all hours worked
Successful applicants will be required to pass functional and medical screening and will need to provide a current police clearance.
If you feel you fit the above criteria please apply now.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Field Service Heavy Duty Plant Mechanic Mine Job Pilbara