FIFO – Field Service Diesel Fitter / Mechanic
Karratha branch is a high performing operation with a large focus on mining equipment/ High Horse Power products up to 3000HP. You’ll be in FIFO role supporting Cummins end-user flying out from Perth to Karratha on a 2:1 roster.
- Breakdown trouble shooting, diagnostics and repair on a range of engines on customers sites
- Scheduled, preventative and breakdown maintenance tasks within the workshop
- Product trouble shooting (mechanical and electrical diagnosis)
- Be the technical go to for customers
- Keep all records and documentation ship shape
- Work safe, every task, every day
About the Candidates
- A relevant trade automotive qualification (heavy diesel / mobile plant technology )
- Good experience in the service & maintenance of diesel engines
- Solid technical aptitude, diagnostic & IT skills
- Ability to operate autonomously/remotely and within a team environment
- Have an engaging approach to your work and enjoy providing excellent customer support
- Previous FIFO, Mining Field Service and/or HHP experience will be very highly regarded
- Possess a current unrestricted driver’s license – essential.
What’s in it for you
You will get to work with a highly skilled, diverse team, on some of our highest HP engines, learning from some of the best in the industry to develop skills you can use anywhere in the world.
- A competitive salary, annual bonus, stability and career development.
- A diverse and inclusive working environment with high working standards
- Ability to purchase additional annual leave policy
- A diverse work environment that has been recognized annually for the last 11 years
- Discounts on selected health insurance and income protection
- Housing assistance and relocation assistance is available on a case by case basis.
About the Company
A global power leader, Cummins Inc. is a corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service diesel and natural gas engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems. They are the world’s largest independent producer and distributor of diesel engines and related components. Globally employ around 48,000 people and serve customers in 190 countries.
Team culture is extremely important, they help forge strong connections at work to foster a collaborative culture. Thinking beyond your work is more than part of the job. It is the job. This is what they call Working Right.
How to apply
If you feel you have the required skills and are looking to join a professional team please Apply online now with an up to date CV.
Click Apply for Field Service Diesel Fitter Mechanic FIFO Perth WA
Your opportunity to set yourself for success starts right here! Submit your application today! For more information about Cummins careers in Australia visit https://Cummins-Australia.jobs or contact Liam on 02 9102 3652
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.