EOI – Field Maintenance & Workshop Supervisors (Carmichael Mine)
Field Maintenance & Workshop Supervisors Carmichael Mine QLD
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees they build strong relationships of trust with there customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Mining division is Australia’s leading diversified mining contractor. As part of this team you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to provide safe, ethical and environmentally conscious outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
The Carmichael coal mine is a proposed thermal coal mine in the north of the Galilee Basin in Central Queensland.
The proposed mine is situated approximately 630 kilometers north west of Rockhampton, and around 460 kilometres south west of Townsville. Employees will commute on a FIFO basis from the local townships of Rockhampton and Townsville.
As the primary Contractor, Downer Mining’s services will include mine planning, drilling, blasting, overburden removal, coal mining, coal processing, rehabilitation, civil works and maintenance of mobile and fixed plant.
They now welcome Expression of Interest applications from Field Maintenance and Workshop Supervisors.
As a key member of a high performing team you will play an integral role in implementing the client’s project requirements. You will have a strong focus on supervision of all excavator and shovel operations and lead safe and effective production outcomes as well as continuous improvement principles. Your proficiency with managing multiple challenging priorities will determine your success in the role.
- Nationally recognized qualifications coupled with extensive experience in supervising maintenance operations
- Current Mining Supervisor Course (G1,G8,G9) and G2 Certificate
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to work as part of a team
- Effective communication skills
- A strong focus on achieving results for both yourself and for the company
- Demonstrated initiative and a flexible approach to work with effective communication skills
- An overarching commitment to safe work practices and continuous improvement.
WHAT THEY CAN OFFER
- A Permanent full time position
- Attractive 7/7 roster
- FIFO from Rockhampton or Townsville with camp style accommodation
- Access to a range of career development and advancement opportunities
- A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative
- An opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive leading edge business
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm
- Numerous financial, lifestyle, health & well being benefits including salary sacrifice options, novated leasing, discounts and support programs.
To apply for this position
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team please Apply online now with an up to date CV.
Apply for EOI – Field Maintenance & Workshop Supervisors (Carmichael Mine)