If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.
See more jobs in the Job Descriptions category.
Performing support functions on site, they may work on drill sites, participate in field geophysical surveys and sample during geochemical surveys.
Field Assistants perform support functions in the field by making observations, collecting and analysing samples, recording information, and searching after the practical tasks involved in supplying a remote field operation.
They may work on drill sites, participate in field geophysical surveys and sample during geochemical surveys. Field Assistants are often required to spend long periods working in remote locations throughout Australia.
Varying Rosters Casual, Contract and Fulltime Mine, Exploration and Remote
- Entry Point: Certificate II Mining (Field/Exploration Operations)
- Average Wage: $55,000-$90,000
- Search for “Field Assistants” on SEEK or other mining jobs boards: (FIFO, mostly 8 : 6 rosters)
- Career Progression: Field Assistant > Pit Technician
- Drill rig sampling and processing (Diamond, RC, RAB & AC).
- Soil sampling
- Operation and maintenance of 4WD vehicles in remote environments
- GPS and DGPS operation
- Camp set up and maintenance
- Clearing, preparation & rehabilitation of drill sites
- Computer software packages experience
Additional Requirements (as a guideline)
- Knowledge of environmental and OHS policies and procedures
- Current manual driver`s license (HR or MC held in high regard)
- Have 4×4 experience or completed a 4×4 driving course
- Field experience in remote locations
- Forklift Certificate
- RC drilling experience
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- The ability to pass a pre-employment medical and drug/alcohol screen
- Be willing to work / live in remote areas for months at a time
- Be mechanically sound and technically minded
- Have completed some form of geological studies