Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Fabrication Leading Hand – Bassendean Mining WA
Fabrication Leading Hand Komatsu Mining Job Bassendean WA
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the mining, forestry, industrial and construction industries that maximizes value for customers through innovative solutions. With a full line of products supported by advanced IoT technologies and global service network, they help customers safely and sustainable optimize their operations. Their Komatsu, P&H, Joy and Montabert equipment and services are used to extract fundamental minerals and develop modern infrastructure.
They are currently seeking an experienced Fabrication Leading Hand who can take on the challenge of leading in workshop facility in Bassendean.
Reporting to the Workshop Team Leader, duties will include but are not limited to:
- Setting an example and upholding the standard expected by this business.
- Seeking resolution if and when processes come into question
- Respecting the management structure of the Company
- Ensuring designated work areas are safe and tidy and that all activity performed, in those areas are done safely
- Adhering to safe work procedures, actively promoting JHA/Risk analysis etc. where required.
- Correct equipment and tooling usage and maintenance of tools
- Verifying that personnel are competent for the work being performed
- Promotion of and adherence to Cardinal Safety Rules and Safety Principles
- Checking that all work is carried out to an acceptable standard and right the first time
- Completing accurate documentation, reporting and signing off of work
- Complying with company policies and procedures
- Effectively coordinating activities both within their team and between work groups i.e. planners, other Leading Hands and Team Leaders
- Ensuring start, break and finish times are complied with and any absenteeism is reported immediately to the relevant Team Leader
- Assisting in planning the effective use of designated personnel and assigning activities
- Recording each person’s time
- Attending skills training and development opportunities determined by the Company
- Time managements and meeting set time deadlines
To be successful in this position, the following skills and experience are desired:
- Relevant trade qualification in an electrical trade
- Minimum of 5 years’ workshop or mine site experience
- Previous experience as a leading hand would be beneficial
- Working knowledge of mining equipment or related heavy industry
- Strong computer skills – Word, Excel, Kronos, SAP and Power point
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Effective customer service orientation
- Demonstrated ability to priorities and plan jobs
Komatsu offers a zero harm culture in the work place, competitive remuneration package, interesting and diverse experience with opportunities to grow professionally in a progressive learning environment.
All applications must be supported by an up-to-date resume and cover letter. Candidates should address each of the selection criteria listed above when submitting an application for this role
They are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply for Fabrication Leading Hand
This is your opportunity to establish an exciting career path that only a dynamic mining company can provide. To submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction Training.Click Apply for Fabrication Leading Hand Komatsu Mining Job