See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Expression of Interest | Plant Operators | Metro and Regional Adelaide
Candidate must have the following skills:
- Experience within a quarry/plant operator environment
- Experience operating a Dump Truck, Front End Loader & Water Cart
- Ability to work full time hours (Monday-Saturday)
- Ability to undergo and pass Functional Capacity Evaluation, Drug and Alcohol screening, and Police Check
- Own reliable transport
- Willingness to undertake labouring duties as required
NOTE: When you apply for this job Plant Operator, take a look at your current resume and cover letter. Always match the first page of your resume to details of the job. Search the job ad for keywords and add them into your resume because if you don’t, your application may be scanned and rejected before it even gets read by a human.
If you would like to be considered for our next Plant Operator recruit, please click on the appropriate link below to send through your resume.
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about salaries, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player