If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Maintenance/Trades – Carmichael Mine QLD
Expression of Interest Maintenance Trades Carmichael Mine
Mining division is Australia’s leading diversified mining contractor. As part of this team you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to provide safe, ethical and environmentally conscious outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
The Carmichael coal mine is a proposed thermal coal mine in the north of the Galilee Basin in Central Queensland.
The proposed mine is situated approximately 630 kilometres north west of Rockhampton, and around 460 kilometres south west of Townsville. Employees will commute on a FIFO basis from the local townships of Rockhampton and Townsville.
As the primary Contractor, Downer Mining’s services will include mine planning, drilling, blasting, overburden removal, coal mining, coal processing, rehabilitation, civil works and maintenance of mobile and fixed plant.
They are now welcome Expression of Interest applications from Mining Maintenance/ Trades Personnel in the following job categories:
- Diesel Fitters
- Auto Electricians
- HV Electricians
- Yard personnel
- Service personnel
You will need to be a skilled, enthusiastic and safety conscious individual who is searching for their next challenge.
- Relevant heavy vehicle/ trade qualifications as applicable
- Proven experience within an open cut mining operation or heavy industry
- Demonstrated initiative and a flexible approach to work with effective communication skills
- An overarching commitment to safe work practices and continuous improvement.
What they can offer
- A Permanent full time position
- Attractive 7/7 roster
- FIFO from Rockhampton or Townsville with camp style accommodation
- Access to a range of career development and advancement opportunities
- A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm
- The chance to join a dynamic and successful business.
How to apply
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team please Apply online now with an up to date CV.Click Apply for Expression of Interest – Maintenance/Trades (Carmichael Mine)