Exploration Geologist – Intermediate-Senior
Copper Mountain Mining Corporation is a Canadian based mining company whose flagship asset is the Copper Mountain mine located in southern British Columbia.
In early 2018 Copper Mountain acquired the development-ready Eva Copper Project, along with approximately 4,000 square kilometers of highly prospective exploration tenure.
The role is to be engaged under the Australian subsidiary of Copper Mountain.
The role is offered under an initial 12 month contract.
Reporting to the Chief Geologist, you will be responsible for planning and executing exploration programs at the company’s Cloncurry Project. This role is offered on a 9 days on 5 days off Fly in Fly out roster from either Brisbane or Townsville.
Key responsibilities will include
- Ensuring staff compliance with common safe work practices and encouraging a safe working environment.
- Active participation in exploration activities including drilling, mapping, geophysics and surface sampling.
- Joint ownership of prospects within core exploration and mining lease tenements with other senior technical staff.
- Contributing towards planning, budgeting and coordination of exploration work programs.
- Contributing towards wire-framing, resource modeling
- Mentoring of junior geological staff.
- Assistance in training and development of staff in GIS and 3d modelling software.
- Internal and external report writing.
- Contribution towards audit and tracking of contracted service providers.
- Assisting in the management of subordinate field staff requirements including roster, travel & accommodation bookings, maintenance of time sheets etc.
Key skills and experience
- 5+ years geology experience (Copper-Gold preferred)
- Experience in a range of exploration activities such as mapping, drilling, geochemistry and geophysics.
- Proficiency in GIS Software (eg. QGIS/Mapinfo/ArcGIS).
- Experience in resource modelling would be valued but not essential.
- Some experience managing small teams.
If you feel you have the required skills and are looking to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
Would you like to apply?
To be considered for this role, please click the ‘Apply Now‘ link to submit your application. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Qualified Exploration Mine Geologist Copper Mountain Mining Brisbane