You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure that this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Diesel Fitter Mining Site Banana Shire
An opportunity exists for an Experienced Workshop Mine Site Diesel Fitter with experience and skills working on Haul Trucks, Graders, and Water Trucks. This position is an immediate start for an ongoing role on an open cut coal mine in the which is ramping up production.
Located in the Banana Shire, situated only 2 hours South West from Rockhampton and 7 hours North West from Brisbane.
- Previous mine maintenance experience
- Workshop Diesel Fitter needs experience on Haul Trucks, Graders, and Water Trucks
- Lifestyle Roster including PJ Day on Shift (4/5, 5/4, 5/5)
- Camp and Meals Provided OR Rental Subsidy Moura Rentals
- DIDO Role
- Ongoing Role for Immediate Start
- Super paid on all hours worked
- Minimum 6 months mine site experience
- Trade Qualified Heavy Diesel Fitter
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training or willing to obtain
- Current Coal Board Medical or willing to obtain
- Current Driver License
- A willingness to work rotating roster
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Sound Work History
Candidates please note that a pre employment medical including drug and alcohol testing is required as part of the recruitment process.
WorkPac is Australia’s leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, oil and gas and healthcare sectors. We are proud to partner with some of the country’s leading companies to deliver rewarding career opportunities.
WorkPac have over 35 offices throughout Australia, this means you have the flexibility to work anywhere in Australia. Apply for ongoing access to a wide range of temporary and permanent jobs for all skill levels.
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Experienced Workshop Mine Site Diesel Fitter Bowen Basin
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list