QLD – Experienced Workshop HD Plant Mechanic
• Work with other experienced and qualified trades people.
• Applicants must be HD qualifiedThe BTP Group is a subsidiary of Ausdrill Ltd, and is one of Australia’s leading suppliers of machinery parts and equipment to the mining and earthmoving industries, nationwide.
BTP Parts based in Mackay currently has a requirement for an experienced and trade certified HD Plant Mechanic who has previous experience of carrying out repairs and maintenance on various heavy mine site equipment to join our team asap.
- Repair and maintain a range of mining equipment including CAT, Komatsu, and Hitachi
- Repair and maintain a range of road trucks including Volvo, Mack, MAN, Isuzu
- Complete parts requisitions for parts required to carry out repairs and maintenance.
- Attend daily and weekly safety meetings
- Follow all BTP Equipment procedures, policies and work instructions
General skills, experience and knowledge required:
- Previous experience carrying out a similar role on CAT equipment essential.
- HD Trade Certificate essential (Plant Mechanic, Mobile Plant Mechanic)
- Certificate III and Statement of attainment/Record of Learning
- Komatsu and Hitachi experience an advantage
- Competent computer skills and knowledge of Caterpillar SIS
- Current forklift licence
- DG Licence or greater
- EWP licence preferred but not essential
- Working at Heights training preferred but not essential
- Good written and oral communication with the ability to liaise with all levels of the organisation.
- A healthy respect for the company and fellow employees.
- Knowledge and the application of OH&S in the workplace.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Level of income is dependent on experience.
- Ongoing personal development is achieved by ‘on the job’ training
Give yourself every opportunity to get this job. If you are applying, don’t send in your normal resume and cover letter. Make sure your resume is edited to show requirements for this job, or your application could be automatically rejected.
NOTE: This job for Experienced Workshop HD Plant Mechanic will possibly receive a lot of applicants. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
Would you like to apply to this job?
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the worldâ€™s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queenslandâ€™s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStarâ„˘
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.