Experienced Workshop Diesel / Plant Mechanic – Permanent Role
- Experience in similar role essential
- Join a vastly experienced team
- Applicants must have the correct Trade Certificate to be considered.
The BTP Group is a subsidiary of Ausdrill Ltd, and is one of Australia’s leading suppliers of machinery parts and equipment to the mining and earthmoving industries, nationwide.
There team at BTP Parts in Mackay currently require trade certified Diesel Mechanic / Plant Mechanic to join very experienced and safety focused team. Applicants need to have previous experience of working on heavy mine site equipment completing maintenance, servicing, repairs and rebuilds.
This role is primarily based in Mackay workshop with potential requirements for occasional site work.
- Maintain, service, repair and rebuild a range of mining equipment including CAT, Komatsu, and Hitachi
- Repair and maintain a range of road trucks
- Complete parts requisitions for items required to carry out quality works
- Attend daily and weekly safety meetings
- Follow all BTP procedures, policies and work instructions
General skills, experience and knowledge required:
- Previous experience in similar role essential
- Comprehensive on CAT equipment experience preferred
- HD Trade Certificate / Certificate of completion / Certificate of proficiency
- Certificate III and Statement of attainment/Record of Learning preferred
- Komatsu and Hitachi experience an advantage
- Competent computer skills and knowledge of Caterpillar SIS
- Current forklift license preferred
- DG License or greater, EWP and Working at Heights preferred
- Good written and oral communication with the ability to liaise with all levels of the organization.
- A healthy respect for the company and fellow employees.
- Knowledge and the application of OH&S in the workplace.
What Rewards Will you Get?
- Ongoing personal development
- Potential for internal advancement
- Competitive rates of pay + Super paid on all hours worked + Statutory leave entitlements
Please apply now if you fit the above criteria. Along with your current cv please also attach copies of your qualifications and drivers license.
Recruitment Agents need not contact us with potential candidates.
Would you like to apply?
If you feel you meet the above requirements, are keen to take on a new and exciting opportunity, and work for an employer that is committed to supporting your career then APPLY NOW.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Experienced Workshop CAT Heavy Diesel Plant Mechanic QLD
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.