You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure that this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Experienced Workshop Diesel / Plant Mechanic – Permanent Role
- Experience in similar role essential
- Join a vastly experienced team
- Applicants must have the correct Trade Certificate to be considered.
The BTP Group is a subsidiary of Ausdrill Ltd, and is one of Australia’s leading suppliers of machinery parts and equipment to the mining and earthmoving industries, nationwide.
There team at BTP Parts in Mackay currently require trade certified Diesel Mechanic / Plant Mechanic to join very experienced and safety focused team. Applicants need to have previous experience of working on heavy mine site equipment completing maintenance, servicing, repairs and rebuilds.
This role is primarily based in Mackay workshop with potential requirements for occasional site work.
- Maintain, service, repair and rebuild a range of mining equipment including CAT, Komatsu, and Hitachi
- Repair and maintain a range of road trucks
- Complete parts requisitions for items required to carry out quality works
- Attend daily and weekly safety meetings
- Follow all BTP procedures, policies and work instructions
General skills, experience and knowledge required:
- Previous experience in similar role essential
- Comprehensive on CAT equipment experience preferred
- HD Trade Certificate / Certificate of completion / Certificate of proficiency
- Certificate III and Statement of attainment/Record of Learning preferred
- Komatsu and Hitachi experience an advantage
- Competent computer skills and knowledge of Caterpillar SIS
- Current forklift license preferred
- DG License or greater, EWP and Working at Heights preferred
- Good written and oral communication with the ability to liaise with all levels of the organization.
- A healthy respect for the company and fellow employees.
- Knowledge and the application of OH&S in the workplace.
What Rewards Will you Get?
- Ongoing personal development
- Potential for internal advancement
- Competitive rates of pay + Super paid on all hours worked + Statutory leave entitlements
Please apply now if you fit the above criteria. Along with your current cv please also attach copies of your qualifications and drivers license.
Recruitment Agents need not contact us with potential candidates.
Would you like to apply?
If you feel you meet the above requirements, are keen to take on a new and exciting opportunity, and work for an employer that is committed to supporting your career then APPLY NOW.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Experienced Workshop CAT Heavy Diesel Plant Mechanic QLD