If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Experienced Mine Geologist NSW
- Applications through Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted
- Applicants must be able to work in Australia
CBH Resources is privately owned by the TOHO Zinc Company of Japan. Rasp Mine is an underground mine and processing operation located centrally in the historic City of Broken Hill.
They are searching for an Experienced Mine Geologist to join Technical Services team. Reporting to the Senior Mine Geologist you will be responsible for developing an understanding of the geological environment and providing support to mining and operational staff on geological issues.
Responsibilities will include:
- Geological mapping of underground development
- Geological drill database administration
- Core logging
- 3D interpretation/wire framing
- Sampling of walls, stockpiles and stopes
- Data entry
- Daily reporting
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree in Geology
- Minimum 5 years mine geology experience
- Demonstrated experience of geological practice within the underground metalliferous mining industry
- Experience with Datashed database program
- Current Australian Manual driver’s license
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Experience with Vulcan 3D modelling software, Surpac and databases would be an advantage
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental requirements associated with underground mining
- Excellent communication skills and ability to develop strong organization and time management skills
- Perform as a team player and have a “can do” attitude
This is a residential position. An attractive salary package, relocation and subsidized housing will be offered.
Roster might vary between 9/5 and 5/2.
Situated in NSW close to the SA and VIC borders, approximately 500km from Adelaide and 300km from Mildura, Broken Hill is a well-established city of 18,000 people enjoying high standard infrastructure, schools, health and sporting facilities and an active community network.
How to Apply
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Experienced Underground Mine Geologist Mining NSW