Experienced Underground Mine Site Fitter Jobs
- Full Time Employment
- 2 Year Secondary Support Contract
- Career advancement opportunities available
- 7/7 Roster, Camp + Meals
- Moranbah Region
Mastermyne has over 22 years’ experience delivering contract mining services in Queensland and New South Wales and has a proven track record of providing “best-for-project” solutions for customers.
About the role:
Underground mechanical fitters are required to deliver work that meets the mine sites and industry requirements. Identifying hazards and managing critical risk, whilst displaying good safety behaviour is paramount in these roles. It is an expectation you will challenge your peers to a higher standard.
Minimum skills and experience required:
Quality, respect, mateship and family hold true in business and only seek underground fitters aligned with these same values. Technical requirements are seeking include:
- Underground Coal experience with a focus on Secondary Support work
- Perform planned and breakdown maintenance tasks on underground equipment
- Conduct performance testing of machinery and equipment in accordance with OEM specifications
- Current QLD Coal Board Medical
- Current QLD Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training* Statement of Attainment
- Tickets including LHD and Bucket, Airtrack Bolter, Man Transporter, Supply Traile
- Signed copies of training transcripts and/or authorizations
- Supervisor Certificates (S123/G2)
- Valid Driver’s License.
What they can offer you:
Mastermyne is a high standard employer and the benefits of working for us extend way beyond your weekly salary. In addition to a competitive wage they can offer:
- Career Development Coaching / Remunerating employees for training and upskilling
- 100% Study reimbursement for approved study/training courses
- Paid site rates for attending off site training
- Rewards offered for approved inventions and innovations
- Access to SPA Consulting (Salary Packaging)
- Novated Leasing of Motor Vehicles
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program for all immediate family members
- Income Protection Insurance.
Employee surveys tell are 100% committed to working safely, strive for a higher standard and offer employees and their families unrivaled personal support. If these values are important to you than Mastermyne is a great fit.
If you feel you have the required skills and are looking to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
If the above role appeals to you APPLY today!
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Experienced Underground Fitter Coal Mining Queensland
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.