You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Underground Conveyor Fitters – QLD
Currently require Experienced Underground Fitters for work on Underground Conveyors. These positions will be based at various mine sites in the Bowen Basin.
The successful candidate will need to have a proactive attitude towards safety, willing to work as part of a team..
Following skills and experience:
- 2 years’ experience working in underground coal mining
- Trade qualified
- Standard 11 Induction Training Underground Statement of Attainment
- Queensland Coal Board Medical Section 4 (Surface and Underground)
- DES Certificate Advantageous
TECH SERVE Offer:
- Ongoing employment opportunities
- Accommodation and Meals provided whilst on roster
- Competitive Market Rates
This job for Underground Conveyor Fitters will possibly receive a lot of applicants. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
NOTE: Did you know that your resume could automatically go into the bin if you don’t format it correctly. Recruiters these days use software to scan your resume for keywords they place in the job ad. This software tried to match up the words in the ad to the words in your resume. If there’s a mismatch – chances are your application will be ignored.
How to apply
If this sound like something for you, hit the APPLY button now for this great opportunity.
Click Apply for Underground Conveyor Fitters – Bowen Basin (Charlton)
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list