Shot firers MPU Operators
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees they build strong relationships of trust with customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Mining division is Australiaâ€™s leading diversified mining contractor. As part of this team youâ€™ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to provide safe, ethical and environmentally conscious outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer Blasting Services (DBS)Â is one of the largest blasting services providers in the Australian mining industry. It provides innovative blasting solutions to over 20 projects across Australia, with a fleet of over 50 Mobile Processing Units, four state-of-the-art emulsion-manufacturing facilities and a 300-strong workforce.Â For over a decade DBS has been provided a flexible, collaborative and pioneering blasting service to its impressive list of major resources sector customers. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Downer Mining, it has the backing and scale of a leading mining services company, but the personal touch of a smaller one.
About the Role
This role reports to the Site Manager and involves a range of duties dependent on the persons experience.Â It is expected you will provide a high quality service to the client on the shot and assist with other processed when required.Â This role requires the ability to pass a police/background check and obtain/hold a HR licence.
Candidates Must have:
- Proven experience as a Shotfirer within an open cut Iron Ore mining environment
- Prior experience in MMU/MPU operations
- Must hold or be able to obtain a current Dangerous Goods Security Card
- You will have initiative and a flexible approach to work and strong communication skills
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work well within a team environment
- An unwavering commitment to the highest safety, community and environmental standards
- CompetitiveÂ hourly rate
- Exciting opportunity to be part of a long term contract
- Growth and development opportunities second to none
- An overriding commitment to Zero Harm
- Supportive work environment with modern training systems
Located 40 minutes from Perth by plane, this project offers a 2:1 FIFO roster from Perth and DIDO from Geraldton.Â The site has a new camp offering modern unsuited rooms, with the latest modern amenities including sporting and recreational facilities.
iMINCO Tip: Give yourself every opportunity to get this job. If you are applying, don’t send in your normal resume and cover letter. Make sure your resume is edited to show requirements for this job, or your application could be automatically rejected.
HOW TO APPLY
Please click the “Apply” button below or contact Annie Davies, HR Advisor on 08 6274 7210 for further information.
Click Apply for Experienced Shot firers MPU Operators Karara Mine Site