You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Experienced Serviceman Mining – Bowen Basin
Black Cat Civil are a fast-growing civil contractor based on the Sunshine Coast delivering a diverse range of civil infrastructure across projects QLD, NT and NSW. Black Cat prides itself on delivering value for money for its clients, and sharing its success with its people.
Groote Eylandt and Bowen Basin teams work a friendly 2 weeks on, 1 week off roster.
This position will work closely there field service fitters to ensure fleet of earth moving machines, trucks and light vehicles are serviced and maintained to their high standards.
Key responsibilities include:
- Servicing, maintenance and repair of various mobile equipment including heavy earth moving equipment, trucks and light vehicles.
- Troubleshooting mechanical faults
- Preventative maintenance
Desired skills & experience
- Extensive experience in serviceman / maintenance positions within mining industry
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training induction and coal board medical will be highly regarded
- Proven field service experience.
- Reliable and a team player.
- Ability to work autonomously.
Black Cat Civil is a tight knit team, led by our 2 owners Jai and Brendan. There business rewards performance and loyalty with opportunities to grow your career with the business.
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
How to Apply:
To register your interest in this position click on the “Apply Now” button.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Experienced Serviceman Mining Heavy Mobile Maintenance QLD
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list