See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Picker Labourer – Quarry
APG is a national employer of choice supplying a flexible workforce to industries who promote safety and well being as priorities. The client is engaged in construction materials recycling and asphalt production and paving.Based at their Plant in Nudgee, they are currently searching for experienced Picker Labourers who supports the operation of the concrete crushing plant by manually removing foreign material from the conveyor belt during the crushing process and conducting general plant, site maintenance and cleaning.
All roles will commence on a casual full-time basis, however for the right candidate permanent positions may be made available.
Duties will include:
- Picking materials from the conveyor belt during crushing process
- Conducting general plant and site maintenance cleaning
- Communicating with crusher operator by radio
- Shoveling spilled material around plant
To be considered you must have:
- Physically fit according to the functional capacity assessment
- Experience picking from conveyor belt – Preferable
- High school graduate – Preferable
- LS Skid-steer Ticket (Bobcat) – Preferable
- Experience with hand tools e.g. shovel, sledge hammer, grease gun
- Positive attitude and good work ethic
- Co-operative and team oriented approach
- The ability to work in a Dusty Environment
- Your own reliable Transport (No Public Transport)
Note. The conveyor belt can induce motion sickness in some people