If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Nippers Dugald River Mine Site
Barminco is an international leader in mechanized hard rock underground mining with operations throughout Australia, Africa, Egypt and India. Established in Western Australia in 1989, we have spent over 25 years building a strong reputation for being a safe and high performing underground mining services contractor. They are driven by the continued success at our operations and exceeding our client’s expectations – both in terms of safety and performance.
The collective talent and expertise of workforce is the key to success, and are searching for talented people to join their business. They seek to build teams who are loyal, committed to their company values and dedicated to helping there clients.
In return, they provide state of the art facilities, equipment, technology and opportunities to work on projects in Australia and Overseas. They look forward to receiving your application for the following position.
Barminco Ltd is currently seeking suitably experienced Nippers for Dugald River Mine Site located in far north region of Queensland on a permanent 2:1 roster.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offside development drill operators
- Assist with production sample collection
- Underground services installation including integrated tool carrier operation
- Truck driving as required
- Maintain ground support storage area
- Assist with mine pump maintenance and installation.
- Previous work experience in a nipper role
- Able to work in an underground environment
- Australian Manual Driver’s License
- Flexible and willingness to assist with varied tasks and responsibilities
- Ability to learn new task quickly
- Excellent time management skills
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Previous exposure to working night shift (preferred).
Your proactive attitude to safety and highly driven work ethic will see you as a much-valued employee, who aligns with Barminco’s values and ‘can do’ attitude. You will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package, opportunities for career progression and development and the opportunity to enjoy a healthy work / life balance.
If you are successful, as part of the on-boarding process, you will be required to undertake a full pre-employment medical, and drug and alcohol screening. Site specific clearances will also be required, which includes a National Police Clearance Certificate.
If you have the necessary skills, drive and experience to be an asset to Barminco’s Operations Team, they welcome your interest and encourage you to apply.
How to apply
Your interest and experience can be expressed by clicking on the ‘Apply Now‘ button below.Apply for Experienced Nippers Dugald River Mine Site Queensland