See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Experienced Pre Strip Operators Job Coalfields
- Immediate Start
- Lifestyle Roster (5/4/4/5)
- Meals and Accommodation Supplied
Opportunities exist for skilled and experienced Mobile Plant Operator who will form part of and contribute to the Mine Operations Department of a Bowen Basin Mine.
An absolute commitment to working safely, complying with all site safety standards and ensuring a safe and environmentally healthy workplace is essential.
It is imperative that you possess the ability and aptitude to maintain high standards of safety, equipment serviceability, housekeeping and compliance with mine working procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate mobile plant equipment, consisting of haul trucks, dozer, and graders.
- Work 5/4/4/5 rosters at a mine site in the Bowen Basin
- Pre-start checks
- Maintain equipment
- Operate equipment safely
- Follow company policies and procedures
**Please note: only experienced candidates will be contacted**
- 6+ months experience operating Grader, Dozer, Truck (930 & 797)
- Current Drivers License
- Current Coal Board Medical – conducted within 2 years
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Good Communication Skills
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Sound Work History
- High levels of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure
- Your key focus is safety with a high attention to detail to abide by site procedures.
- A medical including drug and alcohol testing is required as part of the recruitment process.
- Camp and meals provided
- Lifestyle Roster (5/4/4/5)
- Ongoing opportunities
- Competitive rates based on experience
WorkPac is Australia’s leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, oil and gas and healthcare sectors. They are proud to partner with some of the country’s leading companies to deliver rewarding career opportunities.
WorkPac have over 35 offices throughout Australia, this means you have the flexibility to work anywhere in Australia. Apply for ongoing access to a wide range of temporary and permanent jobs for all skill levels.
If this sounds like you then apply now
When applying please be sure to include with your cv your Drivers license and all relevant certificates and High Risk tickets.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Experienced Mobile Plant Pre Strip Operators Mining Bowen Basin
About the Bowen Basin
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.