If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Experienced Mining Production Operators
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- Long Term Roles on 2:1 Roster
- Excellent Camp Facilities
Due to continued growth in ongoing open cut mining projects, Client is searching for experienced Mining Production Operators. These positions are open to residents of Western Australia – FIFO from Perth only.
What You Receive
You will have the opportunity to work for one of the top resource companies within Western Australia on a series of ongoing projects.
You will be rewarded on a weekly basis with competitive pay rates by a company that is focused on ensuring your ongoing safety and job satisfaction.
What you MUST have to be considered for this role:
- At least 2 years’ in an open cut mining environment is essential;
- Proven Experience operating the following equipment
- Excavators over 200 Tonne
- Liebherr 9800 & 9400, Komatsu PC4000 experience preferred
- Electric or Mechanical Dump Trucks
- Minimum of current C-Class license
- You MUST be a resident of Western Australia – FIFO from Perth (Please note that only people living in WA will be considered).
You will also have:
- Good work ethic and time keeping skills;
- Attention to detail and ability to cope with pressure and deadlines;
- Ability to work in a team and autonomously;
- Clear and confident communication skills.
As part of the selection process, suitable candidates will be required to participate in and pass a pre-employment medical including a drug & alcohol screen.
Give yourself every opportunity to get this job. If you are applying, don’t send in your normal resume and cover letter. Make sure your resume is edited to show requirements for this job, or your application could be automatically rejected.
NOTE: Did you know that your resume could automatically go into the bin if you don’t format it correctly. Recruiters these days use software to scan your resume for keywords they place in the job ad. This software tried to match up the words in the ad to the words in your resume. If there’s a mismatch – chances are your application will be ignored.
What you need to do next…
If you live in Perth, feel you meet the above requirements, are keen to take on a new and exciting opportunity, and work for an employer that is committed to supporting your career.
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now‘ or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
Click Apply for Mining Production Operators Western Australia
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about salaries, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player