See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Experienced Mine Serviceman Mining Plant QLD
The Go2 People have built a reputation for ability to provide quality project staffing solutions across a range of industry sectors and, as such, they have been involved in some of Australia’s largest projects in the construction, mining and resources sectors in recent years.
There team has been strategically developed to ensure they take an innovative and proactive approach to securing the best talent in the market in a short period of time and, by doing so, providing the desired outcomes for both client and candidate.
They are currently searching to employ an experienced Serviceman to work alongside HD Fitters and Diesel Mechanics completing Maintenance, Servicing and Breakdowns on a large range of Heavy Earthmoving plant / equipment.
The role will see you working 12 hours a day on a 7:7 roster. These roles have a 2 year duration (minimum) with a possibility to lead to full time employment for the right applicant.
Key responsibilities for this position include though not limited to:
- 12 hours shifts – 5 am to 5 pm
- Working day and night shift
As an experienced Serviceman you will be able to work on a combination of large mining equipment including:
- Dump Trucks (Caterpillar 773, 777, 785, 793, Komatsu)
- Dozer (Track and Wheel – Caterpillar D11, D10)
- Graders (Caterpillar 24M 16M)
- Loader (992G)
- Excavators (Liebherr 996B, Komatsu PC1250, PC5500)
- Roller (Caterpillar)
- Water Trucks (Volvo)
To be successful in this position you MUST have:
- Experience working as a Serviceman on a mine site with heavy mining equipment
- Diesel Mechanic Trade Qualification (ideal but not mandatory)
- Standard 11 Induction Training Induction (Ideal)
- Coal Board Medical (Ideal)
- Current valid HR License (Ideal)
- Operate Light Vehicle RIIVEH201D or RIIVEH305D Operate a 4 Wheel Drive on Site (MUST)
- Service Mine Plant and Equipment RIISAM212D (MUST)
- Commitment to working in a safe and efficient manner
- Working at Heights – completed within last 2 years (preferred but not mandatory)
- Confined Space – completed within last 2 years (preferred but not mandatory)
- Proven history of work on large operations equipment in hard rock mining
- 2x References to support your application
- Have own Transport
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered for this great opportunity please click APPLY now or call The Go2 People on 07 3841 7152
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Dump Truck Operator Coal Mining Exporter FIFO QLD
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about pays, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player
Caterpillar Haul truck 777
The Caterpillar 777 is a 100-ton haul truck, typically used in open pit mining, manufactured by Caterpillar Inc. The first model of Caterpillar 777 was introduced in 1974. Its diesel engine is capable of putting out 870 horsepower. The 777D, introduced in 1996, was powered by a 938-horsepower diesel.
This truck is one of the entry-level haul trucks most new operators will learn on. Once competent, they will move up to the larger 785, especially when working on a coal mining site.
Caterpillar Haul truck 785
The Caterpillar 785 Haul Truck, Dump Truck or off-road truck as they are called in the U.S. are still used across the world in open-cut mining operations. This huge truck has proven it’s worth for many years and has often been the entry-level truck for new operators.
Progressing when competent, operators move up to the larger CAT 793 and CAT 797 truck, giving them the confidence and ability to handle larger load capacities on a range of challenging mine sites.
One of the biggest advantages you can get if you are looking to learn how to drive these big machines is to get to know the finer details.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.