See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Experienced Heavy Duty Fitter
The Go2 People are currently working with a number of reputable mining contractors based in this region. With coal prices on the rise, they are starting to see a lot more employment opportunities to come back also. At present they are currently searching to employ experienced Heavy Duty Fitter for a mining workshop based on the mine site. Ideally you will have worked in a similar environment.
You will be working a 7:7 Drive In/Drive out, roster– Shift duration 12 hours per day. The rates are $43.75 per hour + penalties. Accommodation is provided.
Key responsibilities for this position include though not limited to:
Experience on a combination of large mining equipment including:
- The D10 dozer has proven itself to be a highly productive and versatile machine. It is flexible enough to be used on heavy construction sites and robust enough to be used on mine sites.
To be successful in this position you must have:
- Qualified Heavy Diesel Fitter/Mechanic
- Standard 11 Induction Training Induction
- Current Coal Board Medical
- Commitment to working in a safe and efficient manner
- Vehicle mounted Crane (preferred)
- Working at Heights – completed within last 2 years (preferred)
- Confined Space – completed within last 2 years (preferred)
- Proven history of work on large operations equipment in mining
- 2x References to support your application
- Have own Transport
- Drivers License
- OHS Construction card (blue /white card)
Give yourself every opportunity to get this job. If you are applying, don’t send in your normal resume and cover letter. Make sure your resume is edited to show requirements for this job, or your application could be automatically rejected.
If you’re interested in this role and you believe your skills,experience and competencies match the above criteria, please click “Apply button“Click for more details and Apply for Heavy Duty Fitter Job
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about pays, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player