See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Experienced Health and Safety Advisors to work at a coal mining project in the Bowen Basin near Emerald.
We are seeking experienced Health and Safety Advisors to work at a coal mining project in the Bowen Basin near Emerald. Our client is a Tier 1 mining houses who requires skilled, experienced and safety minded individual’s for ongoing opportunities.
To be successful in this role you must:
- Improve safety onsite, particularly with regards to incident prevention through data analysis and investigations.
- Partake in Critical Risk Management Program.
- Enter data to client’s reporting system and use this data to complete internal and external reports.
- Understand Queensland Coal Mine legislation.
- Ideally reside in the Emerald area.
The qualifications/certifications required include:
- Degree qualified in Occupational Health & Safety, Occupational Psychology and/or an operational safety background in underground coal.
- Previous experience in a similar role in Coal Mining would be an advantage.
- Current Coal Board Medical
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training
- Current Drivers Licence
- Proof of Work Rights in Australia
In return we offer:
- 5/2 Monday to Friday roster.
- Residential role – be home every night!
- Competitive rates.
- Initial 3 months work.
- Weekly pay.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Would you like to apply to this job?
Apply for the Health & Safety Advisor position
About the Bowen Basin
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the worldâ€™s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queenslandâ€™s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.