You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Experienced Health and Safety Advisors to work at a coal mining project in the Bowen Basin near Emerald.
We are seeking experienced Health and Safety Advisors to work at a coal mining project in the Bowen Basin near Emerald. Our client is a Tier 1 mining houses who requires skilled, experienced and safety minded individual’s for ongoing opportunities.
To be successful in this role you must:
- Improve safety onsite, particularly with regards to incident prevention through data analysis and investigations.
- Partake in Critical Risk Management Program.
- Enter data to client’s reporting system and use this data to complete internal and external reports.
- Understand Queensland Coal Mine legislation.
- Ideally reside in the Emerald area.
The qualifications/certifications required include:
- Degree qualified in Occupational Health & Safety, Occupational Psychology and/or an operational safety background in underground coal.
- Previous experience in a similar role in Coal Mining would be an advantage.
- Current Coal Board Medical
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training
- Current Drivers Licence
- Proof of Work Rights in Australia
In return we offer:
- 5/2 Monday to Friday roster.
- Residential role – be home every night!
- Competitive rates.
- Initial 3 months work.
- Weekly pay.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Would you like to apply to this job?
Apply for the Health & Safety Advisor position
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the worldâ€™s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queenslandâ€™s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list