See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Experienced Haul Truck Operators
- Lifestyle roster
- BIBO exit Mackay / DIDO within 200 kms of the Mine Site
- Mechanical or Electric Dump Truck Experience
- Immediate Start
- Ongoing roles
WorkPac and Rio Tinto Hail Creek are excited to announce a number of mining opportunities for experienced Dump Truck Operators. These opportunities represent ongoing work for the right applicants. Immediate start is being offered – get your resume in quick.
Benefits of working on site at Rio Tinto Hail Creek
- Ongoing, long term roles for the right person
- Bus in Bus out (BIBO) ex Mackay – reduces your costs and fatigue
- Drive in drive out (DIDO) within 200 kms radius of the Hail Creek mine site – gives you the flexibility to work close to home if you are not on the bus
- Hourly rate is $44 flat rate
- Camp and accommodation are provided at NO CHARGE
- After 12 months on site, you will be eligible to apply for a permanent role with WorkPac. This will include annual leave and sick leave. A great opportunity.
To be considered for this role, candidates will possess the following:
- Minimum 12 months’ experience operating either mechanical or electrical dump trucks within a coal mining environment (CAT 793, MT 4400 or Komatsu 960 or equivalent)
- RII or site authorisations to support your experience operating dump trucks
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training Statement of Attainment
- Current coal board medical
- Current resume
- Strong commitment towards safety and working within a team environment
- Be willing to undergo a full pre-employment medical
- Be willing to submit a clear drug & alcohol test
CAT 739 Overview
- Engine Model Cat 3516B HD EUI
- Gross Machine Operating Weight (GMW) 383749.0 kg
- Chassis Weight 116707.0 kg
- Nominal Payload Capacity 218.0 tonnes
- Body Capacity (SAE 2:1) 129.0 m3
- Top Speed – Loaded 54.3 km/h
- Maximum Payload Capacity 218.0 tonnes
- Maximum Payload Capacity Custom
Further information on this model
Do your research on the Cat 793D detail information page www.cat.com/793D haul truck
PLEASE NOTE: Due to site’s strict fatigue management policy, only candidates who reside in Mackay or within a 200 km of the mine site will be considered.
Why Hail Creek?
Hail Creek Mine is one of Queensland’s premier coking coal mines, located approximately 120 km southwest of Mackay and 35km northwest of Nebo.
The open cut mine, which started production in 2003, uses a dragline, truck and shovel method with approval to produce up to 10 Million tonnes per annum (Mtpa) of hard coking coal for export. The operation currently employs more than 1350 employees and contractors, the majority of which are from Mackay and surrounding areas. While working at Hail Creek Mine, all workers are provided with accommodation on-site.
How to Apply Haul Truck Operator Jobs
Email a copy of your updated resume to Brisbanemining@corestaff.com.au
or if you’d prefer, go to the SEEK website to find out more about the Experienced Haul Truck Operators job on SEEK
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about pays, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStarâ„¢
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.