See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Experienced Haul Truck Operators
- Lifestyle roster
- BIBO exit Mackay / DIDO within 200 kms of the Mine Site
- Mechanical or Electric Dump Truck Experience
- Immediate Start
- Ongoing roles
WorkPac and Rio Tinto Hail Creek are excited to announce a number of mining opportunities for experienced Dump Truck Operators. These opportunities represent ongoing work for the right applicants. Immediate start is being offered – get your resume in quick.
Benefits of working on site at Rio Tinto Hail Creek
- Ongoing, long term roles for the right person
- Bus in Bus out (BIBO) ex Mackay – reduces your costs and fatigue
- Drive in drive out (DIDO) within 200 kms radius of the Hail Creek mine site – gives you the flexibility to work close to home if you are not on the bus
- Hourly rate is $44 flat rate
- Camp and accommodation are provided at NO CHARGE
- After 12 months on site, you will be eligible to apply for a permanent role with WorkPac. This will include annual leave and sick leave. A great opportunity.
To be considered for this role, candidates will possess the following:
- Minimum 12 months’ experience operating either mechanical or electrical dump trucks within a coal mining environment (CAT 793, MT 4400 or Komatsu 960 or equivalent)
- RII or site authorisations to support your experience operating dump trucks
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training Statement of Attainment
- Current coal board medical
- Current resume
- Strong commitment towards safety and working within a team environment
- Be willing to undergo a full pre-employment medical
- Be willing to submit a clear drug & alcohol test
CAT 739 Overview
- Engine Model Cat 3516B HD EUI
- Gross Machine Operating Weight (GMW) 383749.0 kg
- Chassis Weight 116707.0 kg
- Nominal Payload Capacity 218.0 tonnes
- Body Capacity (SAE 2:1) 129.0 m3
- Top Speed – Loaded 54.3 km/h
- Maximum Payload Capacity 218.0 tonnes
- Maximum Payload Capacity Custom
Further information on this model
Do your research on the Cat 793D detail information page www.cat.com/793D haul truck
PLEASE NOTE: Due to site’s strict fatigue management policy, only candidates who reside in Mackay or within a 200 km of the mine site will be considered.
Why Hail Creek?
Hail Creek Mine is one of Queensland’s premier coking coal mines, located approximately 120 km southwest of Mackay and 35km northwest of Nebo.
The open cut mine, which started production in 2003, uses a dragline, truck and shovel method with approval to produce up to 10 Million tonnes per annum (Mtpa) of hard coking coal for export. The operation currently employs more than 1350 employees and contractors, the majority of which are from Mackay and surrounding areas. While working at Hail Creek Mine, all workers are provided with accommodation on-site.
How to Apply Haul Truck Operator Jobs
Email a copy of your updated resume to Brisbanemining@corestaff.com.au
or if you’d prefer, go to the SEEK website to find out more about the Experienced Haul Truck Operators job on SEEK
Click Here to download our Expert Guide Becoming a Dump Truck Driver
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStarâ„˘
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.