You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Experienced Excavator Operators Wanted
Chandler Macleod is a national and well recognized recruitment organization and they are always on the lookout for exceptional candidates to work. They are currently seeking experienced Excavator Operators for a major mining client in the Bowen Basin, reputed for its outstanding working environment and exciting job opportunities. The role offers a competitive remuneration package for the right candidate.
About the Role:
- Multiple roles on offer in Bowen Basin
- No induction costs
- Accommodation: Village Accommodation Provided
- Ongoing work
To be successful for this role, you must:
- Experience operating large Excavators
- Mine site operator experience
- High level of safety awareness
- Minimum Mandatory Documentation Required
- Coal board medical Section 4
- Standard 11 Induction Training Statement of Attainment
- Passport or (Birth certificate along with Drivers License)
- 2 x work referees
If you want to be part of a team with an excellent working culture and strong safety focus, please follow the link below to apply now!
Experienced Excavator Operators Major Mining Bowen Basin
Give yourself every opportunity to get this job. If you are applying, don’t send in your normal resume and cover letter. Make sure your resume is edited to show requirements for this job, or your application could be automatically rejected.
Apply NowClick Apply for xperienced Excavator Operators Major Mining Bowen Basin
*Please note that only suitable candidates would be contacted*
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list