You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
About the business and the role
- 7/7 Day and Night Rosters
- Immediate Start
- Meals and camp accommodation provided
- $50 per hour
Golding Contractors delivers a full range of open cut mining services in the coal and metalliferous mining sectors. The employees are viewed as valuable and core members of the team on site and offered additional opportunities based on merit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operating Excavators – EX5500, EX1200 and PC3000
- Pre-start checks
- Maintain equipment
- Work rotating 7/7 rosters at Isaac Plains
- Follow company policies and procedures
- RII or Training Transcript for EX5500, EX1200 or PC3000 Excavators
- Current Drivers License
- Current Coal Board Medical (or willing to obtain)
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training
- Right to Work in Australia
- High levels of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to contribute and work positively within a team environment
- Sound Work History and Safety performance record within Coal Mining
- 7/7 Roster, rotating days and nights
- Camp and meals provided
- Ongoing Positions
WorkPac is Australia’s leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, oil and gas and healthcare sectors. They are proud to partner with some of the country’s leading companies to deliver rewarding career opportunities. WorkPac have over 35 offices throughout Australia, this means you have the flexibility to work anywhere in Australia. Apply for ongoing access to a wide range of temporary and permanent jobs for all skill levels.
Click on the apply button or for more information please contact:
- Sophie Wood - Recruitment Coordinator
- Mackay Office – 4969 4720
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.