See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Electrical Fitter / Mechanic Jobs – QLD
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced & qualified Electrical Fitter/Mechanic to join the Parks & Environment Building Services Program with Mackay Regional Council.
The Electrical Fitter/Mechanic provides technical and operational support to the Electrical Team Leader, and works within a team of 5 qualified Electricians. Duties include testing & tagging, maintenance of Council’s electrical infrastructure and installation of electrical components of capital projects.
To be successful in this role, you must have the following licenses, tickets and qualifications:
- Queensland Electrical “Certificate of Competency” – Electrical Fitter/Mechanic.
- Construction safety Blue/White Card.
- QLD ‘MR’ class drivers license.
- First Aid & CPR certificate
The following will be highly regarded:
- Experience in installing & maintaining traffic lights
- Experience in commercial, industrial & residential electrical works
- 3 year’s post trade experience
You must have well developed interpersonal skills along with the ability to create and foster a positive team environment, with the ability to partake in an on call roster.
Salary & Benefits Package:
- Full-time, permanent position
- Base salary from $51,638.86 plus allowances
- Up to 18% superannuation
- Choice of 4 or 5 weeks annual leave
- 9 day fortnight
- All PPE/Uniforms provided
- 17.5% leave loading
- Flexible work arrangements
They are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, where all applicants are treated with fairness and respect and have equal access to all opportunities available. At Mackay Regional Council, diversity is about creating a respectful and inclusive workplace that recognizes the unique contributions and perspectives of employees, working together to deliver extraordinary results.
* Please note: Applications submitted without addressing the selection criteria may not be considered
How to Apply:
To apply, you will need to submit a resume, cover letter and a brief statement addressing the selection criteria (from the job description attached to the vacancy on Council’s website)Apply for Experienced Electrical Fitter Mechanic Maintenance Mackay